Page 81 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1817

Thread: Random Reds Rumblings

MLB ERA

Re: Random Reds Rumblings

Whew.

Nice pitching by Belisle again. Seems to start shaky and then get better quickly. Maybe he should warm up a little longer?

Hamilton impressed again. Big hit for Valentin.

Co-MVPs: Belisle, Hamilton and Valentin

P.S. The team needs to start moving offensively in Wrigley starting Friday afternoon. They simply can't afford to score so few Runs for a pitching staff that currently has an ERA around 3.00 on the season thus far.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Belisle is really looking like the darkhorse surprise that some of were thinking. Those BabyBacks do have some talent in the sticks department and to limit them to three hits is quite nice for a guy who hasn't started consistently for about two years. It's a shame I couldn't catch the game due to homework.

MLB ERA

Yeah, I think you and me tooted his (Belisle's) horn as much as anyone.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA

Narron on removing Edwin:

"I was not watching the play, I wasn’t watching Eddie, I was watching the ball, but I saw Eddie come in with his bat, so I came in here (to the clubhouse) and looked at it and Eddie did not run and he told me he didn’t see where the ball was, but you’ve still got to run> I don’t care if we lose every game, we’re not going to play guys who don’t hustle. It’s as simple as that. We’ll pinch-hit pitchers, we’ll play pitchers if we have to. If you cannot hustle, you cannot play. It’s as simple as that. Eddie will probably be back in there Friday, but I tell you want, if they don’t run balls out, they’re not going to play. I don’t care if we lose every game, we’re going to hustle while they do it.

I was watching the ball, I was watching the baserunners. I wasn’t watching Eddie, that’s why he went back out on the field. If I’d have been watching him, he never would have takent he field. I love him, I think he’s going to be a great player. He messed up, but doggone it, you can’t be messing up in this game by not hustling. If you don’t know where the ball is, you find out where it is. One thing Eddie’s never done here is he’s never dogged it. It was an honest mistake, but it was a mistake.

Don't think I don't like Edwin Encarnacion, I love him."

-Trent Rosecrans

Jerry doesn't care if they lose. He wants HUSTLE! It's much more important than winning.

I'm sure he loves him though. Does sound like a marriage...made in Hell.

C you there
    MLB ERA

people that don't hustle can't win, we need to get the essentials first before winning a game

AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D™ View Post
    people that don't hustle can't win, we need to get the essentials first before winning a game
    That was my point Earlier. Reds need hustle on every scenario if you want to get the W's on the board

MLB ERA

I'd take players who have lots of talent and little hustle over players with little talent and lots of hustle.

But Narron basically said he's content with playing lesser players and losing games as a result as opposed to playing better players who can win you games just because they don't hustle in the process.

Just sayin'.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I think it's a warning to playing like that. I don't think it's what he wants, but what he expects is what Edwin and others should already be doing. Basically to put his foot down hard and get everyone in line.

MLB ERA

Well, he could figure out another way to get players in line...or better yet...quit.

But his statement indicates he's willing to PH with pitchers for good hitters, even though he knows that could well lead to losses.

He's sacrificing potential wins for playing the game the right way(or what he deems the right way).

That line of thinking is scary to me.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

But we all complain about the lack of spark this team shows, especially during a losing streak, like they just don't care. I don't think what Ed E did should warrant sitting during the next game if he apologized and promised it wouldn't happen again, but if this helps to work as a preventive agent against the growing apathy the players seem to suffer through as the season goes on, then this was quite a smart move in my opinion.

I am not big on the old school ways, and most should know that, but the one thing that frustrates me is when someone quits before the battle is even over. Hustle is a really tired word, but hustle is accompanied by hard work/effort which can compensate for SOME talent. If this team gave a damn a bit more, I have no doubt we could make up for a win or two loss during the season.

Now if Ed E is on the bench for a week or two, this is a completely DIFFERENT story of course.

MLB ERA

Yeah, but I don't think the team's problem is "hustle."

They can't seem to hit in the clutch.

As I have pointed out many times over the last few years...teams like the Cards do.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Random Reds Rumblings

hey Red's fans, nice job in stealing a win today!!!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Oh yeah, but there will be none of that against my Brewers though, right? hahaha!!! nice start to the year!

C you there
    MLB ERA

Reds Re: Random Reds Rumblings

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19 View Post
    Oh yeah, but there will be none of that against my Brewers though, right? hahaha!!! nice start to the year!
    you are right, there won't be, because we won't need to come back for a win against the brewers

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Is that because you will be so far behind!!! haha. The Brewers/Reds rival has become a good one!!! It will be a fun year, the teams in the Central seem to be rather balanced. I suppose whoever is the hottest come September and you are within striking distance, will be the team that wins it! Good luck to your Reds this year!! I really enjoy talking baseball with you and your other Reds' fans. You all seem very knowledgable about the game and espceially your team. I like that in a fan. Plus you guys are good sports and fun to heckle. It is all in good fun from my end! Redsrbetter and I did that quite a bit last year after I joined the forum in June. I really have enjoyed talking to lots of other Reds' fans in the forum as well!!!

Page 81 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast