Page 58 of 122 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Reds Rumblings

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Why is Jason LaRue still on this roster? I realize he's been hurt, but he hitting under .200. Last time I checked, that ain't good. I say you try to move him for a bullpen arm.
    rf28

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    agreed. I would seriously think that Krivsky should be shopping him for middle relief help. Something middle of the road type that would replace White would be nice.

MLB ERA
    LaRue has started slow almost every year yet has still been one of the top 10 catchers in baseball at the end of the last few years.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yep CRF. Let's not forget the injury this year either which has likely put him into more of an early slump than usual. LaRue is an extremely solid offensive catcher on the whole and one we would sincerely regret trading for something as commonplace as a middle relief arm, a guy like LaRue is much rarer. I could understand moving him if we had this catcher depth which many elsewhere think we do, but we don't (something which I have been calling for to be addressed in the draft but never is.) LaRue will be fine, he's by far our best option and our best talent. If we want to deal him, let's wait til his value is higher at the very least.

MLB ERA
    Yeah, definitely agreed. Ross has certainly been solid this year and I do think GABP has helped him out a bit since he has always been a "power" guy, but LaRue still has the best career stats to back him up.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I hear you guys and you are probably right. Its just hard to look past his stats for this season. I have always loved the cowboy, and I am sure the current 3 man circus has gotten in the way have his ability to perform at his normal level. This may end up being the first season where he did not improve stats wise. But the injury could be a huge factor along with his lack of regular playing time.

Would you guys rather see Valentin go?

AAA ERA
    I don't know about Valentin. If you would have asked me that before his walk-off on Sunday i would say deal him instead of Larue. But i kinda like having 3 catchers on the roster, even though one of them probably needs to be dealt. I do think that Valentin is the one that is most likely to be dealt just for the fact that they probably wont deal Ross because of his relatonship with Arroyo and Larue because of his talent.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Couple of days late, but I am in mid-travel to be on vacation for awhile, so if you don't see me on for awhile or at all, that's why. Take it easy.

And the hotel we stayed at last night had Fox Sports South, so I was able to see that heartbreaker last night. What a rough loss.

MLB ERA
    Cool mission. Have a good time. Where are you now and where are you heading? When will you be back?

I was going to be at the game tonight, but the weather changed plans as the rain just ended right before the game started and there is still a threat.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Thanks CRF. We're staying at the Jekyll Island Club (it's on the coast of Georgia towards Florida.) Basically it was the island and club once owned by guys like Rockerfeller, Pullitzer, Vanderbilt, etc... so there is a lot of history of here, but the island itself is really beautiful. Atlantic coast beaches don't ever do anything for me, but the grounds itself are really nice. I should be back this weekend. I'll try to log on from now and then, but the wireless is limited to only a few spots.

C you there
    MLB ERA
    sounds like your having a great time mission that's sweet news right there

MLB ERA
    After the Reds tied it with two in the 8th, Coffey gives up a 2-run PH HR to Matt Stairs to make it 9-7 Royals here in the 9th. He always seems to destroy the Reds and it is looking like a loss to the team that came in with a (9-30) road record and the worst record in baseball.

Why do I get the feeling we could lose two of three or even get swept by this team?

This would be another game to mark on the portfolio of why this team will likely not make the playoffs.

I just don't see it happening.

Milton continues to return to earth, btw.

MLB ERA
    Aurilia bunts to start the 9th against a guy who has an ERA of over 6 coming in. Incredible. It's beyond words with this team.

Three outs to go and down 9-7 and you try to get a bunt hit to start the inning.

Matt Stairs!
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Hatteberg then hits a HR to right-center field. 9-8 Royals. It's a good thing Aurilia felt like bunting.