Page 46 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Reds Rumblings

MLB ERA
    It's something that has floated around the school a lot. Go talk to someone high up in the school and ask them if they have heard that there was something else that might have caused Huggins' firing. You might be surprised.

I simply like Zimpher. I love her intellectual comments and her academia methodology in terms of the school's quality. She wants to raise the bar and make a UC degree mean more. I think that's very bold.

She is in charge, like it or not. Some can't seem to get over that fact either.

And Cronin left to help his career. When he left he thought Huggins would be at UC until he retired and he wanted to be a HC. You can't fault someone who was about 30 at the time like him for wanting to advance his career.

I think he will be embraced as he makes the program better and better.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    I fail to see how firing a basketball coach makes a UC degree mean more. If anything, it generates less respect for the school.

And Zimpher hasn't made an intellectual comment in her life, I'm sorry to say. Her "methodology" obviously failed miserably at her last school, and it's going to do so here as well. She's simply setting unrealistic goals. As for her being in charge...Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was America. Not some Communist country. She's in power because Bob Taft is in power, and Bob Taft has the lowest approval rating of any governor in the history of the United States.

You can talk about the program's image, but when Huggins was around, the team was second or third in the nation in Nike merchandise sold, and at the show tonight, Eric talked about how he had always wanted to go to UC and how all his friends back home thought UC was a cool place to go to school. Huggins is the sole reason for that. He took a program from the gutter and restored it to being a national powerhouse, and was thrown out because NaZi is power hungry.

And, once again, if you're not going to reveal anything about this apparent rumor, then I'm gonna be forced to call you full of shit.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Geki Ace
    I fail to see how firing a basketball coach makes a UC degree mean more. If anything, it generates less respect for the school.

And Zimpher hasn't made an intellectual comment in her life, I'm sorry to say. Her "methodology" obviously failed miserably at her last school, and it's going to do so here as well. She's simply setting unrealistic goals. As for her being in charge...Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was America. Not some Communist country. She's in power because Bob Taft is in power, and Bob Taft has the lowest approval rating of any governor in the history of the United States.

You can talk about the program's image, but when Huggins was around, the team was second or third in the nation in Nike merchandise sold, and at the show tonight, Eric talked about how he had always wanted to go to UC and how all his friends back home thought UC was a cool place to go to school. Huggins is the sole reason for that. He took a program from the gutter and restored it to being a national powerhouse, and was thrown out because NaZi is power hungry.

And, once again, if you're not going to reveal anything about this apparent rumor, then I'm gonna be forced to call you full of shit.

Firing the coach has to do with the respect the program received. Regardless of what many UC fans who had blinders on though, many thought Huggins' behavior and players were poor images to represent the school. His DUI and other issues just further confirmed that for those individuals.

I think she makes a lot of smart comments. I hear a lot of smart statements from her. I think her PhD comes into good use for her, because she is very well-spoken IMO.

She's in charge because the school thought she had a plan. The Board of Trustees unanimously supported her decision to fire Huggins and move the academic aspect of the school forward. I think the school is in better shape because of her already and will just get better academically before she leaves.

I don't care about how much Nike merchandise was sold. Many of the individuals purchasing said products are probably the same type of thugs who don't have a problem with any of Huggins' immoral issues. I don't really care what those types of individuals think.

If you really want to know about the rumor... it was that Huggins had an affair with someone on the board's wife and that was his "nail in the coffin" of an already tenuous situation for him.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    Bengals.com:

3-30-06, 8 p.m.: It looks like the long-awaited Marvin Lewis-Sam Adams reunion is about to be consummated. A NFL source said Thursday that a three-year deal for one of the league’s elite run stoppers is "imminent," as the Bengals closed in on arguably their biggest free-agent signing ever. It appears the Bengals are on the verge of completing a deal that fills their two biggest needs on defense: a physical/athletic safety and a big body in the middle. The 6-4, 340-pound Adams, who has made three of the last six Pro Bowls, is the prototypical line stuffer the Bengals have sought for years.

MLB ERA
    Bengals agree to contract with ex-Bill Adams

By Len Pasquarelli

ESPN.com

Fortifying a position that represented one of their biggest needs, the Cincinnati Bengals on Thursday night reached a contract agreement in principle with unrestricted free-agent defensive tackle Sam Adams, who played the past three seasons with the Buffalo Bills.

Financial details of the contract were not yet available, but sources said Adams can make about $4 million in 2006 if he reaches certain playing time and performance levels. The deal will likely not be signed until the weekend. There are still some details to be completed and it is believed the Bengals want Adams to take a physical exam before the deal is officially executed.

A three-time Pro Bowl performer and the kind of "anchor" tackle who occupies blockers and allows the linebackers to flow to the football, Adams should represent a major addition for a Cincinnati defense that statistically ranked No. 20 against the rush in 2005. The Bengals have been looking for a wide-body tackle in free agency the last several years but were never able to sign one.

Under coach Marvin Lewis, the Bengals have surprisingly struggled against the run, finishing 25th in 2003 and 26th in 2004 against the ground game. The presence of Adams, long regarded as one of the NFL's premier inside defenders, should certainly help address that shortcoming. Adams was the No. 24 player overall in the ESPN.com free-agent rankings.

Adams, 32, will probably team with John Thornton in the starting lineup. That would leave veteran Bryan Robinson and promising youngster Shaun Smith in reserve and give the Bengals one of the deepest and best tackle rotations in the league.

A key for the Bengals will be to maximize Adams' effectiveness by limiting the number of snaps he plays. That should not be a problem, given that Lewis was the defensive coordinator in Baltimore when Adams helped the Ravens win Super Bowl XXXV in 2000.

The Bengals will be Adams' fifth team, as he previously played with Seattle (1994-99), Baltimore (2000-01), Oakland (2002) and Buffalo (2003-05). The former Texas A&M star has 375 tackles, 42 sacks, six forced fumbles, five recoveries, three interceptions and 32 pass deflections in 179 games.

His abilities against the run aside, Adams has demonstrated the ability to compress the pocket from the inside during his career. As recently as 2004, he registered five sacks, but the Bengals will rely on him primarily to clog the middle.

Len Pasquarelli is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.

This is a Reds board...not a Bengals board.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    That's why we have this topic bro, to discuss off-topic stuff like the Bengals or whatever.

I am obviously no football expert, but I think that's a pretty helpful move for sure. BTW, how is Carson recovering?

MLB ERA
    I like the move a lot. It sounds like Carson is progressing, but they might still sign Harrington as a backup.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    That would be a really nice addition as well. Hopefully we wouldn't need to use him much but I still think he could reach some of that potential he was praised for.

MLB ERA
    I think he'd be much more successful with the Bengals' good WR.

MLB ERA
    Homerun's just a horribly bitter Browns fan. Ignore him.

Quote Originally Posted by Geki Ace
    Homerun's just a horribly bitter Browns fan. Ignore him.
    I have no reason to be bitter. You're the one who should be bitter. Go Pack!

On topic, yeah Sam Adams was probably a solid signing. Go BROWNS!

MLB ERA
    You're a Browns fan. That's reason enough to be bitter.

MLB ERA
    Another surprisingly good outing from Milton today:

5 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 9 K

That was against mostly regulars for the Indians. If he can even be somewhat close to that good during the regular season, I would be thrilled beyond belief.

You know, I never even put together that the homerun here = homerun at gamefaqs
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Page 46 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast