Page 37 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Reds Rumblings

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Geki Ace
    I care about UC having a good basketball team. Why should I care about how the students do? I'm not going to ever have any association with that school besides being a fan, and that's ending after this season.
    I care about them having a good team and succeeding in life. That's why I am very pleased with the direction the team is headed in. It will take a while, but things will be great before we know it. And if you aren't going to be a fan anymore after this year, that shows me that you aren't a very good fan. JMO.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I have never been a fan. I am a fan of Kentucky, a school that knows better than to screw with what makes the money.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    That's right. The standards are much loftier here at UK. The school expects to win and doesn't expect thuggery. I'm glad Zimpher is trying to do the same for UC. The school deserves it.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    I'm staying on as a fan this year because of the players. Next year, all the seniors will be gone and I'm not going to support a school with Nancy Zimpher as the president. She's an egomaniacal whore who deserves to be shot in the head a few thousand times.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I don't really care for Zimpher either.... but damn. Let's stop this argument before it gets out of hand though. It's clear you both feel pretty strongly about the moves she has made and the only one either one of you will be justified in your assessment of her is once we see how the program does over the next few seasons.

MLB ERA
    Congrats. to Dayton on the W. I'm sure mission is pleased.

These things will happen to a new head Coach who is implementing a new system. The fact that LeGree's resignation happened yesterday I'm sure didn't help. Dayton is always a tough game for UC too. This type of loss was needed for the team in a way.

I'm sure all of the Zimpher bashing will begin now, even though we lose games to teams worse than Dayton during Huggins' reign as Coach.

Please let the season play out before you bash Kennedy. If things don't improve, he won't be back next year. He probably won't anyway, to be honest. He is a bridge between Huggins and the new Coach.

I do have some good news though...I saved a bunch.... no... UK defeated Highpoint tonight to move to (5-1) on the year. Go Cats!

P.S.... if UC somehow beats Memphis on Saturday afternoon, everyone will forget about the loss to Dayton.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I am extremely happy about the win tonight. I would of went if I didn't have papers to write and notes to type out. But like always, for me, it's a bittersweet win if Dayton does win in some ways. I got a lot of guff from my buddies last week when I wore one of my UC hats. Ha.

MLB ERA
    That's pretty fun. Congrats. again to your school.

MLB ERA
    Oh yes, it's valuable to not even show up against Dayton on your homecourt. That doesn't happen with Huggins there.

And I really don't have anything against Andy Kennedy except for the fact that he's not Bob Huggins and he's not really deserving of a coaching job at a major college right now. It's not his fault Zimpher shoved him into this horrible situation, and not accepting the job would have been stupid. That being said, I still don't think he's much of a coach and UC really doesn't have the players for his offensive system that you're so happy about, which showed more than ever tonight. I wouldn't be surprised by a 30 point loss to Memphis, and any criticism Zimpher gets is perfectly justified. Honestly, it's freaking Dayton.

MLB ERA
    Sometimes losses can be good for teams in a strange way. You know that.

Why do you think Kennedy is such a poor Coach? He recruited a lot of the team's new players. He's just inexperienced at coaching in live-game situations. You're not just going to jump into a Head Coaching job and roll to win after win after win. Very few Coaches do that when they first begin coaching at levels they've never coached at before.

And I disagree about the team not having the players for his offensive system. Although I'm not a fan of his, Muhammad and White are the type of players who should benefit from a faster paced offense. They both like to run a lot and don't do very well when they are forced to slow things down.

Our Defense has obviously been the big problem(geez, that sounds awfully Bengal-ish and Red-ish), but that's really not surprising considering we are adjusting to a more fast-paced offense. It will take a while for the team to figure out how to play better Defense using that type of fast-break offense. I'm sure Kennedy will work on improving the Defense and there should be some progression as the team gets more used to his style of play. If he can't improve the team, then he needs to go. I would still like to see the team get a Coach who emphasizes more Offense regardless. If Kennedy can't coach Defense, then that's an indictment against him.

MLB ERA
    The team doesn't have nearly enough depth to run a fastbreak offense, and outside of White, Muhammad, and Downey, it's really not that beneficial to anyone.

And Kennedy has shown thus far that he doesn't have nearly enough experience to coach at the level he's coaching at. He should learn how to be a head coach at a small school, not a major Big East school. Emphasizing offense isn't what the team needs to do, it needs to continue to play excellent defense and get a go to scorer on the offensive end, which it hasn't had since Logan graduated.

MLB ERA
    They have a lot more depth than last year with Downey, McGowan, Allen, Coleman, Moore(who is about to come back and who I like) and Tillman, to go along with the regular starters.

The Defense will improve. We need to focus on Offense more, since that is always our achilles heel in the NCAA Tournament, etc. As for getting a scorer...I agree. It's something Huggins always seemed to struggle at recruiting. I'm hoping someone can get us a couple of them.

MLB ERA
    The defense isn't going to improve without quality coaching. It's far more easy to play offense without great coaching than it is to play defense without great coaching. Moore will actually probably benefit the most from the fastbreak offense, but I don't see Allen, Coleman, or Tillman really having much impact offensively at all.

Oh, and Zimpher is obviously a vampire, if you're watching this interview on ABC. Oh, and she thinks people hate her because she's a woman. DIE MORON VAMPIRE LADY.

MLB ERA
    It's easy to play Offense when you have a real offensive plan and focus on adding offensive talent. Obviously D is important too, but we need a good balance, just as Tubby Smith employs for UK.

As for Zimpher, I know you hate her, but wow, you are scaring me with your comments, lol.

MLB ERA
    You obviously didn't see her interview. First of all, she looks like a freaking albino. Then she managed to contradict herself with pretty much everything she said and claim people were sexist against her when she fired Huggins.

Page 37 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast