Page 26 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Reds Rumblings

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I dont hate the move but I don't like the timing from the sounds of it. Again though, I dont know much about the situation. I follow UC a lot less with being afulltime Flyer now.

MLB ERA
    The timing could have been better, but I imagine Kennedy is enough in tune with what the team is wanting to do this year that it won't matter much. If the recruits don't want to play for the team because he's gone...oh well. They obviously don't have the best motivational factors if that's the case to begin with.

Kornheiser and Wilbon both think this was a good move for UC too.

EDIT: Kudos to Paul Daugherty for breaking this story!
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    I hate to break it to you, but the coach is probably the most important factor in whether or not a recruit decides to come to a school. I can't blame any recruits that back down because Huggins is gone. He's the kind of coach that players want to play for. He's tough, but I don't think you'll find a player or former player who didn't like him.

MLB ERA
    On another note, the Reds won 6-2 today in Washington. Hudson went 7 and gave up 2 runs on 4 hits with no walks. This was his best outing of the year, and EdE was good as well with a solo homer and RBI double. Ortiz vs. Patterson tomorrow, and that should be tough.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Geki Ace
    I hate to break it to you, but the coach is probably the most important factor in whether or not a recruit decides to come to a school. I can't blame any recruits that back down because Huggins is gone. He's the kind of coach that players want to play for. He's tough, but I don't think you'll find a player or former player who didn't like him.
    We'll find someone who can recuirt quality AND talent. We only had part of the puzzle before now. Banks has already said he's backed down, but this will be a good decision over the long haul. I completely agree with Zimpher's thoughts that we need someone with character who is more in support of raising the school's academic standards.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Geki Ace
    On another note, the Reds won 6-2 today in Washington. Hudson went 7 and gave up 2 runs on 4 hits with no walks. This was his best outing of the year, and EdE was good as well with a solo homer and RBI double. Ortiz vs. Patterson tomorrow, and that should be tough.
    Hudson did a good job of pitching inside tonight. I know he has the talent if he can ever keep his control together consistently. EdE continues to get better and better. Lopez keeps hitting. Aurilia is even hitting(ugh).

Although Patterson has great numbers on the year, hopefully Ortiz can continue his great pitching and keep us in the game.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Encarnacion made 2 unbelievable defensive plays...he stopped a Wilson smash in the hole and threw him out from his knees, then later fielded a grounder behind the pitcher's mound and fired a laser right to first for the out. Also hit a nice HR pulling an outside pitch.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Reds

See CRF...I'm only negative about the Reds in my preseason predictions.

MLB ERA
    You are bad brownie, very, very bad.

MLB ERA
    I actually enjoy watching the Reds play now, thanks to you guys letting me know everything I need to know about them. I can basically name the entire roster without looking.

MLB ERA
    Yeah, we do a good job of that, don't we?

Another good reason to watch them is that we've been much better since the All-Star Break and seem to be playing closer to our talent level. Just need to add a couple more pitchers in the offseason, and if the new owners are as generous with payroll as it is rumored they may be, that just might happen...

MLB ERA
    Those unbelievable defensive plays earned EdE the top spot on Web Gems for the third time I remember this year. He's erratic, but he has some amazing defensive potential. It was an extremely tough night to even get on Web Gems, too.

MLB ERA
    You know, add, say, 20 million dollars this offseason to be spent on pitching and giving Dunn a long-term deal, and this team is in the playoffs next year. Maybe less than that, even.

MLB ERA
    As long as it's not O'Brien adding that pitching, I'd say 'yup'.

MLB ERA
    If it's O'Brien then we'll probably be adding Kevin Brown and Jose Lima.

Page 26 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast