Page 17 of 122 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Reds Rumblings

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Anyway, I don't know what to think about Romano. He looks good at times and awful at times too. I don't see him turning into a player as good as Jose Guillen(who, BTW, seems to be considered a leader/positive influence by the Nationals players). He could help lead them to the playoffs this year. I'm not surprised at all.
    Where did the Guillen comparison come from? Anyway I agree with you on that, Guillen is a pretty nifty player especially considering his cost. And if he has became a leader, then I am glad for him. A lot of people always felt the only thing holding him back from being one of the better outfielders was his attitude and maybe he has finally decided to grow up.

Have fun though!

AA ERA
    I like Romano, but I dont think he will ever fit here in Cincy. I think he could be a good 4th OF for a lot of teams. He would probably be a good 3rd OF for the DRays. But to see what Kelly has done with Louisville this year and what I have read about Denorfia, I like both of them better than Romano. But to Romanos defense, he has played good defense and his average is always around .300 in Louisville.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Where did the Guillen comparison come from? Anyway I agree with you on that, Guillen is a pretty nifty player especially considering his cost. And if he has became a leader, then I am glad for him. A lot of people always felt the only thing holding him back from being one of the better outfielders was his attitude and maybe he has finally decided to grow up.

Have fun though!
    Guillen was considered to have talent all along... it just wasn't realized until a bit later on . Romano is still young enough that his can still be realized, but I just don't see him getting to Guillen's point. And Baseball Tonight has said his teammates in Washington say he's one of the leaders and one of the core parts of the team. His numbers aren't spectacular, although he's slumped a bit of late.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by volzok
    I like Romano, but I dont think he will ever fit here in Cincy. I think he could be a good 4th OF for a lot of teams. He would probably be a good 3rd OF for the DRays. But to see what Kelly has done with Louisville this year and what I have read about Denorfia, I like both of them better than Romano. But to Romanos defense, he has played good defense and his average is always around .300 in Louisville.
    I agree with you on all acounts. I would like to keep him if we were able to use him as a utility player (assuming one day Miley wakes up and realizes Freel should be the starter at 2B.) But I could see him being a throwin for one of the upcoming deals, I imagine someone would find him useful as you mentioned.

AA ERA
    Do you know if he can play any infield positions mission? I really dont know. If so I would be in favor of keeping him since Freel should be the 2B.

MLB ERA
    I also wanted to see how everyone made out during this afternoon's storms? (Everyone in the Cincy area... not sure if you got hit as hard in places like Dayton).

Anyway, we had trees on many roads here, snapped power lines that were shooting sparks, and trees falling on houses. An Animal Hospital down in Fort Wright also caught on fire(it's where my grandma takes her dog) by getting hit by lightning, and they had to evacuate the place. There were about 23,000 power outages in the Cincy area, and even one report of a funnel cloud not far from me. We went out and looked at some of the damage. It was pretty bad in a few areas.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Guillen was considered to have talent all along... it just wasn't realized until a bit later on . Romano is still young enough that his can still be realized, but I just don't see him getting to Guillen's point. And Baseball Tonight has said his teammates in Washington say he's one of the leaders and one of the core parts of the team. His numbers aren't spectacular, although he's slumped a bit of late.
    Ah ok. I didnt know if I mentioned Guillen and forgot or something (I am that tired believe it or not.) Romano's ceiling isn't high or anything but I could see if he reached it (and developed his D at a few other positions) him being a very poor man's Ryan Freel which wouldn't be bad at all. Like for instance if they had him working on the infield during his time here, I would prefer him up over Luis Lopez.

As for Guillen, I am sure he'll bounce back. I thought after last year his discipline at the plate was improving with his improved BB-SO ratio and although it has dropped closer to his career norms, I think he will be fine.

AA ERA
    I had a real hard time getting to work. Its a 20 minute trek for me that took 45. It was really one of the worst storms we have had around here in a while.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by volzok
    Do you know if he can play any infield positions mission? I really dont know. If so I would be in favor of keeping him since Freel should be the 2B.
    With the Rangers he was drafted as a 2B. And he has played a bit in the infield throughout his career but supposedly he feels more comfortable in the outfield (at least that was the word coming out of Tampa).

MLB ERA
    It was definitely up there.

MLB ERA

so wahts up

lol posting from dayton int'll hahahaha

keyboard sucks thogh

be home soon
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    lol cool, hey you sould try to advertise this place in the airport

MLB ERA
    Have a safe trip back!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Hope your trip back is a safe one as well ghetto.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Remember the "Big Road Machine" a few years back?

Reds have lost 24 of 30 road games.