Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Reds vs Mets Series

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Reds vs Mets Series

Wow, that is awesome. If we want any hope of contending, as at best we will be a fringe contender, CoCo being aces in the 9th will go a long way toward helping us to that.

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA

as a sidenote, I am a tiny bit more scared of the Cardinals now.

Carpenter 7IP, 1H, 0R, 0ER, 2 BB, 7K's

Looks like he is back to his form

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I've picked up Carp in a league or two. I was surprised no one took a chance on him late given some of the reports on his stuff this spring.

But yeah, the Cardinals are a different team if Carpenter is back to form.

No doubt he gives a big boost to the Red birds. The only thing that would worry me about him from a Cardinals perspective is his endurance throughout the year. Either way it is nice to see our first win. All three of these games were possible Ws, for either team really. To see us on par with a top team like the Mets though, even this early always seems like a good thing. Now hopefully we can keep it up against the Pirates.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

That is where the past year's teams often faltered: beating teams they should be able to beat and often times getting absolutely dominated by them. I can take the Reds losing a 2-1 series occasionally against a good teams like the Mets, but they need to consistently get the 2-1 and 3-0 series counts when they are a facing a team with lesser talent.

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA

yeah, I have him in all 3 of my leagues....I just hope he pitches bad against the Reds

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    That is where the past year's teams often faltered: beating teams they should be able to beat and often times getting absolutely dominated by them. I can take the Reds losing a 2-1 series occasionally against a good teams like the Mets, but they need to consistently get the 2-1 and 3-0 series counts when they are a facing a team with lesser talent.
    Ya it seems like it has been like that for as long as I can remeber. Wasn't it last year when the reds were about 8-9 then lost 4 straight to the pirates?

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
    Haha, ya Taveras has had the flu so we have gotten to see a lot of the great McDonald instead. I hope he can pick it back up to a good OBP this year, or at least have some quality ABs, Hairston is always good for that at least. In hindsight I'd say Slyder probably poisoned Taveras.
    Id never do something like that....

*Destroys the evidence*

Seriously though that was a nice hit by Tavares we'll see if he keeps it up when he gets 4 abs a game. Still believe that money could have been better spent elsewhere with Dickerson given an opportunity to play CF EVERYDAY and see what we have.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yes, in hindsight of where the market went (and even if it hadn't) Taveras shouldn't have been priority number one with our limited cash. But if the Reds were actually telling the truth and not blowing smoke (which is often the case) that he detected correctable mechanical flaws in his swing and he hits .300+ with a decent OBP, I'll be very happy with the deal. If he posts 2008 numbers in 2009, then it'll be a different story. I think the bottom line with Taveras is that it was a signing that was made worse by the Reds inactivity because if a Holliday or even a Dye was aqcuired, it wouldn't have gotten near the same amount of attention.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234