Thread: WLWT-TV: Kearns asked team for trade...

MLB ERA

WLWT-TV: Kearns asked team for trade...

after the demotion. Apparently he confirmed that today. I didn't see anything about this posted anywhere.

Apparently Kearns thought the management's response to be odd, and it went something like: "We don't know if there will be an opportunity for you to be traded", whatever that's supposed to mean.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AA ERA
    Same BS from management it sounds like to me.

The story makes sense from all around. Of course he wants to be traded. He doesn't like the competition here for a starting job. He hates going back to the buses and fast food of the minor leagues and the Reds are saying, sure we'll trade you but not if all we're being offered is a "Bubba and a Bong". Due to his play he's made it more tough for the Reds to deal him.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Exactly Sea Ray. For Kearns being traded is great, the perfect idea. For the Reds, due to Kearns play, it's an awful idea. They know he has the potential to bring so much more in a trade than he can now so it wouldn't make much sense to ship him off on the cheap just to please him (and a GM of another team.)

If someone wants to give us a decent offer, fine but we're not giving him away

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    And I think that's what most teams are assuming (or hoping.)

I knew Kearns better known as "Selfish" would ask for a trade.

MLB ERA
    Real sources say he's not selfish, despite the sayings of propogandists.(Someone along the lines of Michael Moore)
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Has Hal said anything about Obrien potentially being fired?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Anyway, I have been saying something along the lines of what Wally mentioned in regards to Kearns work ethic for quite some time. Kearns has had the special treatment for quite some time, much before his time with the Reds and I believe he has always taken his talents for granted. Now given his various rehab/working supposedly hard at 3B this offseason one would assume he would of just gotten into great shape. He had to battle Wily Mo for the job and there is no question Pena stayed has stayed in shape. And while I do think if Kearns lost 20 pounds or whatever that would help his game so a degree (even if small), that's not my point. My point is, as an athlete, your tool is your body. So doesn't it make sense that an athlete would work hard to keep that in shape (take Franco of the Braves for example, dude is 46 and still playing). With Austin coming to camp in worst shape this offseason, what can we assume about his determination to seek help from Chambliss and continue to develop his talents? If you don't work on staying in shape as an athlete, I don't see how you would work to a high level in perfecting your skills. Felipe Lopez got a personal trainer this offseason, worked hard and the results showed. Now I wish we would hear stuff like that about Kearns. We all know if he worked at it, he's got the potential to be the biggest offensive producer on the team, the question is does he have the work ethic?

*Note- This is just based off what I know and what I am assuming. I do not have all the infoto any scenario in life so some of that very well could be wrong. I am just bringing it up for discussion.*

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    FYI. I split the thread from the posts that detracted from the subject title. This a Reds forum, I have a random thread if you want to address something there with whatever. I personally do not care a great deal but if we ever want to break out of this small niche, we will need to keep the threads like this, to just the Reds.

Thanks.

*Thread Closed*