Thread: Old Reds Don't Die....

Wurtland Middle School
    Rookie ERA

Old Reds Don't Die....

....they go to the Long Island Ducks apparently. Graves, Reidling, Lance Davis, Ed Yarnell (gasp)....Pete Rose Jr. (double gasp) Check out this article:

ESPN Page 2 - Pearlman: Minor miracle

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Old Reds Don't Die....

Nice find there Newman. Maybe some of these players just may find a second opportunity in the big leagues somewhere and someday.

MLB ERA

Re: Old Reds Don't Die....

Highly unlikely.

I think they'll all feel as "small" as Danny does if they don't already.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

That's like a step back in time man. Lance Davis I actually had pretty decent hopes of being a serviceable #3 or #4. And John Riedling? He was automatic for awhile there, just looked fantastic, and then it all fell apart. But the one guy on there I really feel for is Pete Rose Jr. I was actually at his debut game (not for that reason) and he always seemed like a guy that just loved the game way more than the talent he was provided with, with some athletes who act unappreciative with the talent they were given, it kind of makes you wish that a guy like that would of had a bit more luck in that department.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

I love it when I see athletes/players that are not blessed with the most talent, but play the game for the love of it!!! Examples, Eckstein and COunsell come to mind off the top of my head. They are the players willing to do the little things to win and seem to come through in the clutch because the other teams are so worried about the stars they tend to forget the role players. Lemke for the Braves, Paxson/Kerr for the Bulls in the NBA (which I am not a fan of the Bulls or the NBA) just mentioning a few other scenarios that I could think of. That is the type of athlete that I always considered myself, not the most talented, but enough that I would be able to hold my own, and willing to do the little things it takes to win, which is always my ULTIMATE goal!!!! Not that personal stats, but WINNING!!!

AAA ERA

names i would like to forget.. like so many guys that have come and gone with so much disapointment.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

didnt mean to bring back bad memories, just trying to make a point. Sorry.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19 View Post
    didnt mean to bring back bad memories, just trying to make a point. Sorry.
    nah. its cool, its really sort of funny.. trust me, bad memories are part of being a Reds fan.. I mean outside of the 90 world series..

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

And you still can brag about the big Red Machine in the mid-70's. That was probably way before your time though. I was in elementary school then, and was actually the Reds were my favorite NL team then!! My dad love Pete Rose! So, I liked the Reds cause my dad was a fan of theirs also!

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19 View Post
    And you still can brag about the big Red Machine in the mid-70's. That was probably way before your time though. I was in elementary school then, and was actually the Reds were my favorite NL team then!! My dad love Pete Rose! So, I liked the Reds cause my dad was a fan of theirs also!
    yeah can't brag on that which i did not see, i was born 1978

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

well, enjoy the history of your franchise then. At least your team has won the W.S.

The Brewers have only been to one, and they lost.