Thread: What's the over/under on Narron's tenure?

Ex-Tree
    Rookie ERA

What's the over/under on Narron's tenure?

I'm setting the over/under at Thursday of this week. Whaddya got?

MLB ERA

Re: What's the over/under on Narron's tenure?

He'll probably last till at least mid June. I'd guess more late June/early July

I guarantee he's out of a job before the trade deadline if the Reds continue down their current path, but I think they'll hold onto him for a bit longer "just in case".
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

I'll take the over,i could be wrong though as he may be gone by Monday.

Motivational Speaker
    Rookie ERA

I'm praying for under , but realistically I'm saying over. Kriv won't bail on the season quite yet. If they would fire him, I'm not sure who they could get that'd be much different or better.... I'm not convinced Girardi is the right guy, and a 1/2 season rental on Bucky Dent isn't going to make a huge difference either I'm afraid. I'm feeling snake bit with former catchers as Reds managers, so I'm not hoping for a Rick Sweet promotion from Louisville either.
    Better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it!

"You're gonna end up livin' on a steady diet of government cheese and livin' in a van down by the river!" Matt Foley - motivational speaker.

After tomorrow's loss.

MLB ERA

Hopefully it will move up to tomorrow if we ,(even if we DON'T) but I had heard no earlier than June 1 a while back, so it might not be until sometime well into June or even July or later.

I am just praying the unheard of misery will force the changes to be made...and now.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Minor Leaguer
    AA ERA

Under.

Davey Johnson will be the replacement unless the Orioles get him first.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I was actually going to make a thread regarding that Atomic. I personally feel the only for ownership to save face is to bring in someone with name recognition and some kind of at least effort of success... aka more than calling Miley up from AAA or bringing Narron off the bench. Not in the offseason, but this season as R-Cast has continued to cite his faith in those running the team and when he admits that the faith he has was a mistake (in different words than that of course), saying oops we got another loser is just not good enough. Not that a guy like Johnson or Valentine (if he was able to get out of his contract) or whoever the Reds wanted, good or bad, would do anything to save the season but letting Narron sit this long is just inexcusable.

Wurtland Middle School
    Rookie ERA

I agree with under. I thought after yesterday's loss and the awful homestand that Jerry was done after today. BCast definitely will go after someone with name recognition although I like Girardi just fine myself.

AAA ERA

over, the organization has proven time and time again to run with a guy way longer than needed

I hope Under, but realistically Over (if i was betting)...I would have done it two weeks ago, and the last two weeks have verified my opinion...not really worried about, though...the season is now finished, too late for a turnaroud and a playoff run...focus on getting the lineup and pitchers set for next season w/ trades and callups

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Over, Narron will stay for therest of the season and likely get another extension.

Narron stays until Castelinni gets fed up and fires Krivsky. Then they will both go. Krivsky's ailing problem? Keeping a manager such as Narron aboard.