I have to admit, I have lacked big time in Reds rumors the last week or so. I basically have come to the conclusion that there is no reason to get excited. This team officially has the least amount of rumors surrounding it because the GM wants to keep everything quiet until the deal is done. No fun for the fans at all. But I am ok with this as long as something does happen to make this team better. But what has happened?

They fire Chambliss because there were too many players striking out. Then they add a strikeout prone SS to the lineup. They trade two big young bats for bullpen help, then they spend even more money to pick up another bullpen arm and keep another one on.

The fans were promised from BCast that this team will contend. We were all but promised that this offseason was going to be intriguing for the fans. It was said that there was some money to be spent. They even traded LaRue to add more spending money. Is the FA market that steep? Anyone can tell you that these guys are all too expensive, but the serious teams are still paying for them. Is it now time to become as serious as these teams and pay the same kind of money for players who deserve far less?

Just because all the FA are looking for the money, doesn't mean that we have to look in other directions. There are far too many holes that need to be filled and it is far too dangerous to comply to the standard that Krivsky has put up. You can't just get role players to fill every position. Eventually you are going to need a superstar to play at his potential vs getting a nobody and expecting him to play far above his potential. I believe Krivsky is shopping for the latter and is expecting the fans to be surprised and happy with the decision.

This is not good, but it is the flow of Reds Land these days.