Thread: Shackelford to AAA, Gosling recalled

MLB ERA

Shackelford to AAA, Gosling recalled

That's the latest move.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    WOW! Ok, so who is going to go down for Guardado? Weathers?

This has got to be due to the incident from last night for Shackelford.

MLB ERA
    I don't know if Jerry can get rid of his prized possession...Weathers.

He probably told Krivsky: "No, mine, don't touch!"

I'm sure we'll continue to see Weathers run out there in the 7th and 8th when we are up a run or two or down a run or two.

Narron only seems to like vetern players. Often times those veteran players are awful(like Castro is offensively), but Narron likes to get them as many starts as possible.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    per Marc's Blog:

ATLANTA -- Finally at Turner Field, this is what the Reds have done today. And remember, it's still early!

Acquired RHP Eddie Guardado from the Mariners with cash in exchange for Chattanooga RHP Travis Chick

Activated 3B Edwin Encarnacion from the disabled list

Purchased the contract of OF Dewayne Wise

Recalled LHP Michael Gosling from Louisville

Designated OF Quinton McCracken for assignment

Optioned LHP Brian Shackelford to Louisville

Optioned RHP Elizardo Ramirez to Dayton

A corresponding move for Guardado will be made tomorrow.
    I like how he said "Its still early."

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    I don't know if Jerry can get rid of his prized possession...Weathers.

He probably told Krivsky: "No, mine, don't touch!"

I'm sure we'll continue to see Weathers run out there in the 7th and 8th when we are up a run or two or down a run or two.

Narron only seems to like vetern players. Often times those veteran players are awful(like Castro is offensively), but Narron likes to get them as many starts as possible.
    Krivsky is obviously trying to make something happen right now. He is doing what he can with present disgust for this bullpen. I have no doubt that when he saw that game last night and got the phone call about Love Shack, he likely snapped. I think it is still early, and nobody in this horrible is safe beside Coffey. Screw what Narron thinks here. Krivsky has the balls to tell him we have to do the right thing.

MLB ERA
    I wonder if him saying that is hinting that he has heard/thinks something else might happen before the night is up?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    There has to be another trade in the works. I'll say this much for Kriv... at least he's trying.
    rf28

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Yep I am right there with you guys. I wonder if more is coming. I don't want to seem greedy, but none of this has wowed us so far. More to come? Lets hope.

Coffey will now be pitching the 7th/8th innings. I like the move but I'm not too sure I like Guardado in the closers role.

MLB ERA
    Coffey seems more comfortable in that role. Lets hope Eddie can find a fountain of youth here and gives us a good year and at least let us not hold our breathe every freaking time he goes out on the mound.

Anyone think Gosling might be on his way out anyways and was called up just to "hold the spot" until Shackleford's situation worked itself out or a trade happened? Gosling was very average at AAA and wouldn't be very expensive just to DFA and who knows maybe someone would give us SOMETHING for him. We've got a lot of people at AAA who have had much better years statistic wise but no spots that are guarentee to be there so maybe called up Gosling knowing he would be easy to get rid of if needed?

That seems like most logical unless Krivsky wants to take away Castro from Narron and go with 12 pitchers or get rid/send back to AAA Dwayne Wise?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Post-break rotation

ATLANTA -- FYI, here's the way the rotation sets up coming out of the break:

7/13 - Aaron Harang
    7/14 - Eric Milton
    7/15 - Bronson Arroyo
    7/16 - Elizardo Ramirez

After the off day on the 17th, it will be Harang opening the Mets series on the 18th. The fifth starter, be it Mays, Claussen or whoever, won't be used until the 22nd against the Brewers.

Oh, and Michael Gosling was optioned back to Louisville to make room for Guardado, who arrived at the clubhouse around 5:00. A sheer delight, Mr. Guardado. He was very warmly greeted by former teammates Joe Mays, Eric Milton, Rich Aurilia and Javy Valentin...not to mention everybody else.

- Marc Lancaster's blog