Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Dunn's numbers up - except Ks

Dunn's numbers up - except Ks
    Outfielder raises batting average from .179 to over .300 in 10 games

By John Fay
    Enquirer staff writer

CHICAGO - Left fielder Adam Dunn did not remake his swing or anything like that.

"I really didn't change anything," he said. "I'm just having more consistent at-bats. I would feel good on two and bad on two. Now, I'm feeling good for all four."

It's shown in the results. Dunn went in Tuesday's game hitting .429 over his last 10 games, with three home runs, seven doubles and seven RBI.

With his hot streak, Dunn raised his average from .179 to .304.

He had five home runs and 13 RBI going into Tuesday. He was tied for the team lead in both categories. As a measure of how good Dunn has been going, it should be noted that he did not lead the team in the category you might expect.

He was second in strikeouts to Jason LaRue - 19 to 21.

Dunn, in fact, had struck out only five times in his last 11 games before Tuesday. Dunn struck out a major-league record 195 times last season.

"I haven't been pulling the ball,' he said. "Everything I'm hitting is going to right-center or left-center. That means I'm staying through the ball and not rolling over or pulling off."

Tuesday night was Dunn's 17 start of the year. That means he has missed four starts already. He missed a total of five starts last year.

"It doesn't help being out of the lineup," Dunn said. "But I understand the situation."

The situation is Reds manager Dave Miley is trying to keep four outfielders happy with three positions.

"Miley's done a good job with it," Dunn said.
    Click here for the rest of Reds notes

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I think Dunn is getting back to what he and Chambliss worked on at the beginning of last season. I remember him saying the same thing as he had a hot start. He was happy to hit the ball to all fields and he credited Chambliss for the help. So he may have gone back to plan A and he should never turn away from it. Because I am loving it so far!