Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Reds vs. Pirates Game 2

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Kip pitched very average. The bullpen was very good. Jason Bays 3-4 really was the only offense, a bunch of scattered hits in between, but I'll take any win we get.

You guys do have things to look forward to, unlike the Pirates fans.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamDunn#44
    I must have watched a different Pirate team that you did.

The horrible Pirate offense managed to score 4 runs on 6 hits against a bad pitching staff.

And Kip Wells was far from dominant. 8 baserunners in 5 innings with 5 walks.

Miley's poor lineup constructin and Casey's double plays cost us the game. And poor defense.
    Obviously you did watch a different team than I did. I saw a team score 4 runs, which was enough to win against the Reds' offense.

And I agree... the Reds' pitching is awful. That is another reason to believe that we could end up behind them in the standings, especially if our lineup continues to hit like it did today.

Dunn/Pena cost us a couple of runs on defense today... and Casey was just awful, as he has been so far this year. I will agree with that.

And Kip's performance was proof that giving up a lot of hits/walks does not ALWAYS mean failure.

I know you don't like that about Jason Marquis...but he continues to get the job done. In fact, he is just getting more effective this year. That move Walt made continues to look just stellar. (BTW, the Cards sailed to another dominating "W" today)
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    The Pirates' offense dominated us today... as did Kip Wells.

hey you should be a writer for the pirates, you put such a positive spin on things!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Witlon
    You guys do have things to look forward to, unlike the Pirates fans.
    I'm starting to think that's not true. We have no starting pitching talent... no bullpen and apparently we are doomed to years of no offense now too.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Friday133
    hey you should be a writer for the pirates, you put such a positive spin on things!
    Kip gave up two runs in five innings. The Pirates' offense scored four runs.

I wouldn't be surprised to see your team catch up to the Reds VERY soon. You are only 3.5 behind them right now... and we go play @ Florida(vs. A.J and company) and then @ Chicago next week(vs. Zambrano and company).

4 runs on 6 hits is not dominating. Especially against the Reds pitching.

I never said I didn't like Marquis. I said he had a lucky year last year. Stop spinning things man.

You never seem to forget to mention when the Cards win, but for some reason you forget to mention when they lose. Why didn't you update us on the Cards game last night?

when you pitch shitty like Kip did today it will haunt you more often than not.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamDunn#44
    4 runs on 6 hits is not dominating. Especially against the Reds pitching.

I never said I didn't like Marquis. I said he had a lucky year last year. Stop spinning things man.

You never seem to forget to mention when the Cards win, but for some reason you forget to mention when they lose. Why didn't you update us on the Cards game last night?
    So you agree that Marquis is a good pitcher and that the Reds would be lucky to have someone like him? (Which also means you think it was a good deal by Jocketty?)

And I updated the Cards today because it's just another game lost on them for this team. This weekend could do the Reds in for good if we don't perform better against AJ and the Marlins... and if not next week and Zambrano could be it.

Reds

I'm not gonna say it was great trade after 3-4 good starts. He has to have a great full season.

He traded JD Drew(1.005 OPS last year) for Marquis and Wainwright(injured).

If I have to say it's a good deal for Jocketty then you hve to admit that Beane had a great deal on Jocketty-Getting Dan Haren(2.37 ERA, 1.16 WHIP in 3 starts), Kiko Calero(7 IP, 9 K, 0.00 ERA, 0.57 WHIP, and Daric Barton(one of the top 5 hitting prospects in baseball) for Mulder(horrible 2nd half last year, 4.74 ERA, 1.53 WHIP in 3 starts this year).

Its too early to judge both trades.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I think it was a good job from O'Brien to sign Randa!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345