Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010-2011 NBA Season and Playoffs Thread

Rookie ERA

Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs Thread

Ugh. Did not want to see the Heat move on, especially not this early.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

despite my zbo love, i almost want okc to finish off memphis. i dont mind dallas, infact i love dirk... but i just find the rest of their team completely uninteresting. chandler was awesome with paul, but ever since then i couldnt care less. from there... jet and jj barea? meh. and the last time i cared about jason kidd, was when he was having a 3 way with jamal mashburn and jim jacksons wife. wanna see an okc-miami final at this point. actually, i wanna see okc vs atlanta... but atlanta doesnt have a prayer of coming back vs chicago, and i dont see how chicago has a prayer vs miami... so my realization says miami is the only choice in the east. and memphis is dead, okc figured them out, and since memphis has no offensive firepower if gasol and zbo dont go for 55 in the paint, that limits my west choices to dallas and okc. thusly... okc vs miami.

MLB ERA

I don't see how Chicago doesn't stand a chance against Miami. I'd bet on Miami, but it's not like we're talking Spurs-Grizzlies here....wait...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

when your best scorer [and mvp of the league, ironically] is only capable of putting his head down and barreling to the rim, hes not gonna get every call in miami. and his usual 11-30 shooting performances arent gonna cut it vs wade and bron in general. and his 2nd best option on offense is the corpse of carlos boozer.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

LeBron kneeling after the game pretending to cry made me one to puke. I hate players that play to the cameras like that!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

it didnt anger me, as much as it baffled me. seriously... even if he was playing to the camera... youre 'crying' because you made the eastern conference finals? wasnt the whole purpose of uniting with wade and bosh to win the actual championship, not win in the 2nd round? act like youve won a playoff round or two before. if the roles were reversed, and pierce, garnett and allen won, theyd have celebrated for the immediate future after the result, and then went about with business as usual shortly after. because its the goddamn 2nd round.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

It was his menstrual cycle. I think Joel Anthony bought him a gallon of chocolate icecream afterward.

My hope of a Thunder-Heat finals remains alive. I would just kill to see Durant vs. Lebron for a title. Obviously I would be cheering for the Thunder, assuming Stephon Westbrook is detained at the front gate. But the thought of that series has me giddy. I also admittedly do not have a favorite team and I'm only on the bandwagon of a cool series. Bulls-Thunder is acceptable too.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    when your best scorer [and mvp of the league, ironically] is only capable of putting his head down and barreling to the rim, hes not gonna get every call in miami. and his usual 11-30 shooting performances arent gonna cut it vs wade and bron in general. and his 2nd best option on offense is the corpse of carlos boozer.
    Are you forgetting the Bulls swept the Heat this season? Saying they have no chance is ridiculous. I also think your forgetting about Luol Deng and the bench mob.

While the Heat are likely favored, the Bulls have the best shot at sending them home without a championship.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

we shall see... the knicks beat the bulls twice, the regular season doesnt mean anything.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    It was his menstrual cycle. I think Joel Anthony bought him a gallon of chocolate icecream afterward.

My hope of a Thunder-Heat finals remains alive. I would just kill to see Durant vs. Lebron for a title. Obviously I would be cheering for the Thunder, assuming Stephon Westbrook is detained at the front gate. But the thought of that series has me giddy. I also admittedly do not have a favorite team and I'm only on the bandwagon of a cool series. Bulls-Thunder is acceptable too.
    yea, okc and heat is the most exciting possibility left for me. i still want memphis to perservere and defeat all comers through the power of Z... but not gonna happen. i actually thought westbrook played a good game last night, good shots, good passes... good decisions more or less all night. it helped that memphis had absolutely nothing on offense though.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy Bastard View Post
    Are you forgetting the Bulls swept the Heat this season? Saying they have no chance is ridiculous. I also think your forgetting about Luol Deng and the bench mob.

While the Heat are likely favored, the Bulls have the best shot at sending them home without a championship.
    wait i missed something on this one... who the hell is the bench mob? cj watson, taj gibson and ronnie brewer? or is it the immortal white out of kyle korver, omer asik and brian scalabrine? do they really even deserve the moniker of mob? korver will get hot, hopefully for the bulls, maybe one game in the series, and gibson is the only other guy there capable of making a jump shot. brewer and asik are nice defenders off the bench, at the very least. and brian scalabrine is the best high five guy in the league since mark madsen retired.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    we shall see... the knicks beat the bulls twice, the regular season doesnt mean anything.
    It's meaningless in a sense that those wins over the Heat won't help the Bulls pass them in the Eastern Conference Finals.

But they're not meaningless in a sense that they show that, contrary to your claim, the Bulls are capable of beating the Heat.

The only question is whether or not they'll do it again.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

of course theyre capable of beating the heat... anybody can beat anybody at any time. i despise that statement, but it fits i suppose.

but they wont. heat in 5... call me the prophet hammer when it happens. and if it doesnt, feel free to forget this entire thread.

MLB ERA

It's not as though my argument rests solely on the "anyone can beat anybody" mantra that you hate. The Bulls have shown they can beat the Heat by actually beating them.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    It's not as though my argument rests solely on the "anyone can beat anybody" mantra that you hate. The Bulls have shown they can beat the Heat by actually beating them.
    perhaps i dismissed that too quickly... but my argument was merely, the playoffs are a different animal. and one could argue the heat didnt know how to play together yet in the regular season, which they seem to be doing quite well right now.

of course, one could also argue how well will they play together against a defense as good as the bulls. alas, im not the person to make that argument.

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast