Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010-2011 NBA Season and Playoffs Thread

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 2010-2011 NBA Season and Playoffs Thread

man i love pre draft rumors. minnesota-utah-washington talking swapping the 2, 3 and 6 all around. cleveland trying to extort the 18th pick out of charlotte using tristan thompson, but now theyre scared valanciunas wont be there for charlotte to take him at 9, if they dont take him at 4.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    when i was doing my mock, although i had the morris boys fall... id love to see them grab marcus at 9 and markieff at 19. i read once that the longest theyve been apart in their lives was something ridiculous like 4 hours. it would be fantastic for them... they instantly move ahead of the collins' for best twins ever. still behind the lopez' though since like... brook is actually pretty decent.
    I only picked that cause of what Chad Ford was saying...and because the Bobcats typically suck at drafting.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

biyombo has a 1.5 buyout price for next year. doesnt look like he'll be able to play in the nba next year.

and supposedly, the kings are telling teams calling about the 7th pick, that its already been traded. i heard rumors of the spurs with parker earlier... but nothing is coming out yet about who the team who now supposedly has the 7th pick is yet.

now its making the rounds that its the bucks who moved up to 7. not sure who they moved in front of detroit and charlotte for though, unless it was pre emptive to make sure gstate didnt move in front of them for klay.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

and now its coming out that its sacto/charlotte/milwaukee 3 way deal.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

My favorite thing about the draft.. is that stuff right there. Whether the deals happen or not. So exciting!
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

early things are saying... charlotte is actually the team who moved up to 7, moving in front of detroit for tristan thompson probably. they'll also be taking on corey maggette.

stephen jackson and shaun livingston are also changing residences... assuming to sacramento. and the 19th pick is going to milwaukee. nothing saying milwaukee is losing the 10th pick yet.

and im wrong... captain jack and livingston going to milwaukee. crazy steve with skiles? winner. im assuming the 10th pick has to go to sacto now.

crazy steve, udrih, livingston and 19 going to milwaukee, 7 and maggette going to charlotte, sacto gets the 10 and john salmons.

and now chad ford gets on board with the rest of the world... the 9th pick is NOT involved.
    Last edited by Hammer; 06-23-2011 at 04:45 PM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

so charlotte won that one, eh? two lottery picks, move in front of detroit for the guy they want, and interchange crazy steve for maggette, while only giving up the 19th pick and shaun livingston in the process. and i dont really understand sacramentos motive at all, but thats them i suppose.

so the rationale in sacto, is that they like the idea of pairing jimmer with reke. well, thats fantastic... couldnt you have just taken him at 7? and dont tell me about draft contract spots, because you took back salmons' contract for udrih's, a considerable downgrade.
    Last edited by Hammer; 06-23-2011 at 05:10 PM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

ron artest has changed his name to metta world peace. god bless mr world peace.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

detroit and houston trade in play... depends on who charlotte takes at 7. im assuming both picks are between thompson and biyombo, so we'll see which one detroit likes more if they drop back to 14 and 23 or not.

ha, rumor is the jazz are trying to move up to 8 now too, to get jimmer. that would be so awesome for people wanting to laugh at the sacramento franchise. and for anaheim to get an nba franchise.

chad ford says it sounds like the jazz struck out on that one. oh well, the maloofs can still hold out hope for their jimmer.

ford also now saying hes hearing the inklings that biyombo's going 5 to toronto. that should drop brandon knight fairly heftily.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Passing on the NCAA Tournament Most Outstanding Player in Emeka Okafor for a high school kid named Dwight Howard worked out better for Orlando than everyone thought now did it?
    Okafor did not carry his team like Walker, I don't recall Okafor making a GW shot at all that season, like what Walker the whole year, unlike Irving which some say disrupted his teams rhythm when returning to play.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

quick final mock...

1. cle - irving
    2. min - williams
    3. utah - kanter
    4. cle - valanciunas
    5. tor - biyombo
    6. was - vesely
    7. cha - t. thompson
    8. hou f. det - leonard
    9. cha - knight
    10. sac - jimmer
    11. gsw - k. thompson
    12. utah - burks
    13. phx - marcus
    14. det f. hou - kemba

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    No. The point is that you can't judge what Kyrie Irving did in college because there were just 11 games to evaluate, so it only makes sense that you would want to evaluate his talent by what he did before that, in high school.
    Yeah but the problem is we are in the 2011 NBA draft not the 2010 draft. And in other words your
    Implying that Kyrie Irving's senior year in HS> Walker or Williams college year, which I think is shitty way of evaluating players.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

no shockers in the first 2. jay bilas and jon barry have collected said this draft sucks in a roundabout way, about 400 times already. so, that should be nice to continue to hear.

plus the audio doesnt match the mouth movement when they go down to mark jones' interview with the prospects.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

and kanter goes 3. 5 will tell us how far the brandon knight slide goes.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

WOW OUR FIRST SHOCKER.... tristan thompson goes 4th to cleveland.

Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast